Be part of a national movement to consider, communicate and document your personal end-of-life healthcare preferences.
Date: Thursday, April 16
Time: 3 – 7 p.m.
Now is the time to ensure that we all receive the care we want, thereby giving the gift of confidence and clarity to our loved ones who may need to speak for us in a medical crisis. These are some of the most important decisions you will make — don’t put them off any longer.
Life Matters Media, founded by WGN-TV’s Randi Belisomo and Dr. Mary Mulcahy, a Northwestern University medical oncologist, will provide Respecting Choices–certified Advance Care Planning facilitators on National Health Care Decisions Day to help any Chicagoan who wants to be empowered in any health situation by learning how to:
- Identify health care preferences and clarify individual values and personal beliefs
- Initiate one of the most important conversations we can have with those we love
- Express what matters most
- Understand advance directives and the one most appropriate for your unique situation
- Identify the ideal health care decision-maker
- Explore what you can do now to give you and those close to you peace of mind
Related: We at Forward Chicago have formed the Dying for a Dialogue discussion group to examine end-of-life issues. We’ll meet Saturday, May 2, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m, location to be determined. Please call 773-633-8312 or email us at info [at] forwardchicago.org for details.